Cancer – The killer


I was in my 20s when I visited Regional Cancer Centre, Trivandrum(Kerala, India) first time for my aunty's treatment. My aunt was suffering from Serviks cancer and doctors advised her to take radiation. Still remembering the first day. Lot of restriction were there in the hospital. Usually they won't allow more than one bystanders. So I only went with my aunt and sat along with all other patients in front of the doctor's room. I just looked around. Very big hospital and lot of peoples sitting around. All these are cancer patients?? I asked my self. Breaking my thoughts nurse called my aunty's name. I too went inside the consultation room with my Aunt. The doctor stared at me. Then he asked “who is the patient ?”. Doctor's question surprised me because I thought that cancer will affect only aged people.. My aunt moved forward. He asked me to stand out side. After some time she came out.

Next day onwards radiation started. There also we found huge number of patients . One old man and his son, very young handsome man with 25+ years (I hope), came and sat in front of us. I just imagined what will be in his mind. He might be thinking about his father's future., his father's illness might be worrying him, he might be thinking about the happy days or happy moments he had shared with his father. I know that cancer is having a very deep root. And in his age of 60s it may not be that much easy to cure it completely. I prayed for his father. Suddenly nurse came and called “Sreekumar !!!!! “ The young man stood up gave his cover and umbrella to his father and went inside. I was just shocked and looked into my aunty's eyes. She was also in the same condition. We didn't talk each other. After a few minutes he came out and moved towards his father. I found it very difficult to face him. I turned my head in a different position. And tried to talk to my aunt. I heard my heartbeats. It was very loud. I thought my heart will break . It was very heavy.. oh!! God help me. I prayed... no no I cried my self. I couldn't sleep that night. Next day also i met him. My aunt and his father talked each other. They became good friends. Sreekumar was the only kid of that old man. 6 months before only they came to know that he is having this disease. We got lot of friends there in all ages. I got a friend., she was also my same age. Always having a smiling face. There was no hair on her head. She said its because of chemotherapy. I would like to call her Ammu. Very confident girl . She won't show her worries in her face. Always pleasant. She used to come with her mother. But her mother was very dull. My aunt was 46 years old. She was happy that she lived in this beautiful world at least 46 years peacefully. She always compared her disease with Ammu's disease. And she always used to say comparing to others problems she is having nothing.

My aunt is no more. She suffered a lot. After a long time I just went back to the horrible days we spent in hospital and lovely friends which I got especially Ammu and Sreekumar... .

Dear friends.................... i don't know whether Sreekumar and Ammu are still alive??? after my aunty's treatment i didn't tried to contact them. But they only taught me what life is... We human beings running after luxuries, money, land, power etc., etc., We are not thinking all these items cannot help us stop our faith. God is the only power which we can depend. He will give us the courage to face all the difficulties in our life. So pray pray and pray..... he will be always with you as a mother, as a brother, as a sister and as a friend.

Comments

Anonymous said…
its really touching........

Popular posts from this blog

Ooty trip..... Exploring Dunsandle Tea Estate, Coonoor

Valparai

Thiruvanchikulam Maha Deva Temple - A pilgrim travelogue